So you want to submit to Eksentrika?
Here’s what you need to know.
- Eksentrika does not own copyright or claim ownership to any of the submissions. Ownership and copyright belong to the creator of the piece alone.
- We welcome opinion pieces, essays, reviews, comics strips on issues and matters related to the arts and creative realm. Poems are posted every Mondays and short stories are posted every Fridays.
- Since we operate on a shoe string budget, as of now we only accept submissions on a complimentary basis. Meaning, we can’t pay writers. Sorry :o(
- We recommend write-ups to be between 600 to 2,000 words. Please do include many images and credit the photographers (except poems and short stories as we usually will source out for images ourselves).
- If the piece had been published elsewhere please obtain approval from the editor/owner of the platform prior to submitting to us. Do include a backlink with full name of the platform for crediting purposes.
- Views, opinions, and expressions are of the author of the submitted piece. These views, opinions, and expressions do not represent the views of Eksentrika.
- Submitted stuff will remain on Eksentrika until the day the internet ceases to exist and they can only be removed upon the request of the author alone and no one else.
- Submitted pieces can always be reprinted or republished elsewhere provided the author gives his/her permission. Credit to Eksentrika for being the first, second, 69th, or last to publish the author’s piece is not necessary or mandatory.
How to submit?
- Title the header “Eksentrika Submission: (Title of your piece by your name)”
- Include a short bio of yourself (50 to 100 words is preferable) in the body of the email. Feel free to include links to your website/social media pages.
- Please do include an image of yourself. If you’re shy, an illustration would work too
- Attach you submitted items as Word document files. PDF files will not be accepted.
- Send your stuff to email@example.com
P/S: Do give us a couple of weeks to respond as we have so many emails to sift through!
***This page will be updated from time to time. Last updated June 10, 2019.